Success Mindset Series 3:- The Power Of Focus In Achieving Success In Your Small Business
Some few years back, I was in a meeting and towards the end of the meeting a guest speaker was introduced to the audience. I had a little impression about this big old man with a funny African accent but this man got my attention and respect instantly with his first statement when I heard him made a bold statement that really struck me deep inside. He said “you can never become a star in life if you stay on someone else’s track”.
He later explained his boldly acclaimed statement with the following example; “if you get a great football player like Lionel Messi to compete with a great tennis player like Rafael Nadal, he will be a complete loser. Same way if you place Rafael Nadal in a boxing ring with Mike Tyson, he will get beaten! Just in the same way, if you ask these great sportmen to run on the same track with Usain Bolt.” I bet you can get a clearer picture and the true meaning of this huge statement made by this speaker.
This short statement got me thinking on my way home from the seminar, I can actually become a star only if I can realise where my track is and I can go find it and run on it. So now the question is where is my track? How can I find my track?
Even if I found my own track , how can I run on it to make me a star?
From a business and marketing perspective , it dawns on me that not all niches or discipline can make you money as small business owners, not all small business will make u money either, not all marketing techniques/ strategies will work for you but you must find the one that resonate with you which you are passionate about and will be easy for you to implement in generating the result you want and just keep repeating it to improve your result along the way. It will be a matter of days before the world will notice you and there you go inevitably becoming a superstar in that field or business/marketing niche.
Every Small Business Owners Must Mind This Pitfall To Achieve Success In Business
In this information age, it is very easy to get overwhelmed with information overload which will make you confused and be misled because there are so many information out there, so many opportunity and so many money grabbers; I mean tons of them…You just have to be very careful and use your intuition to stay on your track. Once you know what you want and which track is best for you through your talent. This is vital that you follow this simple and important 5 steps stated below so that you do not fall short or become another victim if you are not one yet (Just joking and I hope you are not!);
(1) Visualise your track ==> This includes Small Business Opportunities e.g eCommerce, Marketing, Trading etc. It can also be a professional career such as becoming an expert, consultant, coach, teacher etc
(2) Find where your track is through your passion
(3) Acquire knowledge and skill ==> Remember that no one is born a superstar but the only way to become an expert in anything is to educate yourself on such topic or discipline. Seek the right Knowledge from the right sources
(4) Implement what you have learnt ==> There is nothing worse than an unused knowledge. There is power in a knowledge that is acted upon , therefore you must ensure that you implement everything that you are learning
(5) Keep learning and do what u learnt (Take action) ==> this is the only way to get the result that you want. It is your level of results that will determine if you can achieve success in business.
There you go you become a star on your track!
Do you agree with them? Or May be want to add to them. Please feel free to comment below and share with your friends and colleagues
PS:Do you want to learn more on this simple system that I use in building my team as well as my business successfully? Check This Out Now!
Remain Ever Blessed
Yours in Success,
Powered by Facebook Comments