Napoleon Hill once said, “Success is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal.” Having and knowing your WHY and committing to writing down your dream will move you in the direction of what you seek.
As entrepreneurs, it is essential to understand the fact that achieving success in business is like a journey. It’s always better to start somewhere but it is senseless to just get on the way without knowing exactly what you want to achieve in your business which is the main reason why you a goal (a target to aim), my mentor Tony Robbins put it well a “destination”. So it is essential to know that starting a business is similar to starting a journey, which means that you must have your destination clearly in your mind.
Once you know that exactly what you want to achieve (GOALS), it is essential that you have a master plan of action, which is synonymous to planning your journey. We must also remember that our level of success is totally determined on the actions taken on the right information. So it is therefore a MUST that every entrepreneur have a Master Plan of ACTION to work on to achieve success in his or her business.
“The Journey of a 1000 miles, start with just a single step” but you must have the right MAP”
Just imagine that your step-by-step ACTION PLAN to achieve success in your business is just the same as planning for a journey to your favourite destinations. Remember this is what we do every single day of our life;
1. Calculating your Timeline—How much time do you need to get there? This is when you determine exactly how long your journey will take; it may be 30 minutes, a day, moths or even years. This timeline will set your expectations and what exactly you want to achieve and to assess if your journey is fast or slow.
2. Mapping your Route—Just like the combination of the lock, there are thousands of ways to get there. What course will you take? What will be your intermediate destinations? Those are your milestones. Where are the milestones, how do you get to those locations, and when do you need to arrive at each to stay on track?
3. Who else is going? Who will be impacted (benefit or detriment) by the journey or accomplishment of your Goal? Is it your spouse, your children, your partners, your team, etc? Those are the ones you need to be sure are on board with your plans.
4. Whom do you need? Whom do you need to help you on your long trip? Do you need someone else to do some of the driving? Do you need an expert tour guide once you get to the Grand Canyon (or some intermediate destination on the way toward your Goal)? Do you need someone to review your map to be sure you didn’t make any mistakes? Figure out who you need assistance from in order to accomplish your Goal.
5. What Research is needed? Do you need to pull some research about the roads or the mountains you will cross? Do you need to research operational aspects of your car before starting? In order to complete your plan and make it to your Goal, what additional information do you need to research and collect?
6. What Resources are needed? Car, food, gas, camera, appropri-ate clothes, money; list everything you are going to need from the time you head out your driveway until you arrive in the Big Apple. Figure out all the resources you will need between today and the accomplishment of your Goal.
7. What Training do you need? Do you need to brush up on your driving safety skills? Training on how to operate your GPS? Training on how to use your lap-top’s wireless connection in hot spots? What self-development training do you or those going along with you need in order for you to accomplish your Goals?
It has been said that we don’t get what we want; we get what we are. So we need to develop and grow into the person we are seeking to become. Picture a successful per-son or mentor who resonates with you. It is important to be aware that success must resonate from within, not after you have achieved some accomplishment or goal. You cannot become successful unless you feel successful from within, regardless of your current results.
What are your thoughts? Please share your experience and success to inspire others in the comment box below this post; Also, if you find this post valuable and helpful please share with your friends using the share buttons below.
Online Network Business Coach
Skype Me@ olosko2011
Powered by Facebook Comments