What is True Meaning of Success ?
I remember my first ever job interview for the vacancy of a sales manager, after a series of examination which I passed and reached the last interview session and I was asked this sole question; ” what do you understand by the word success?”. I could vividly remember my answer on that day which I wished I had a better answer then. The interviewer looked me in the eyes and then I was a very shy young man, I could not think deeply before opening my mouth and released my answer. “The question again” I asked in which she was glad to repeat thus “what do you understand by the word success?”.
You can guess what my naive answer was? I replies thus ” Success is when you make lots of money, have plenty of assets and a lot of people respect you”. Ever since that day, I have always asked myself why I didn’t get that job despite the fact that I did really well in that interview, the only thing that ever flashed in mind was that I didn’t answer the last question very well. You may be wondering what exactly is the essence of my message on writing this blogs ; it is to assess the true meaning of success especially in our personal life and business.
==>> Now the question is what is the TRUE MEANING OF SUCCESS and how to measure it?
I honestly define success as the consistent increase in the values that we have give to others as well as the increase in the quality of our lives. The true meaning of success can be measured if we can see continuous increase in the value and quality of our emotions, business, health, finances, spiritual, relationships and even time management. I can always tell you that the honest truth is that the true meaning and measure of success in anything that we do is our ability to continuously improve our values and quality of services in any area of our lives. These improvements can either be large or small but must be gradually consistent.
==>> The ONLY QUALITY that ALL CHAMPIONS / WINNERS have in COMMON is CONSISTENT IMPROVEMENT. I remember listening to one of Anthony Robbins Mastery Program where he made this quote that “there is a big difference between a game of excellence and an excellent game”. I found this quote very amazing. Imagine a game of excellence, this simply means that everything you do in your life, you do it with excellence ie you are always focusing in delivery excellence at all times. This builds a strong reputation, brand with integrity which means success is inevitable on the other hand, an excellent game can be said to being excellent once in while ie you are know for not being consistent in delivering excellence. This can confuse people to make up their minds whether or not to trust you as a person or brand of excellent quality.
==>> How to Achieve in Life?
- We must know exactly what we want,
- make it a goal,
- have plan to achieve the goal.
- Take massive actions
- we must always check our result by looking for ways to improve such as what may have gone wrong.
- Change our strategies or approach
- Keep taking massive actions to improve the quality of our lives. (Consistency is Key)
==>>We need to always remember that our decisions to continously improve ourselves is vital to our success in life. The real things that we must always endeavour to consistently improve are our believe and standards.<<==
- We must always be determined to raise our standards at all times: We must set a higher standard more than our achievements. We should never ever settle for less than we can be.What keeps us valuable in life is the level of challenges we are prepared to overcome in life. We must always raise our game and live up to our highest standards.
- We must constantly change our belief by setting the right believes to turn all our dreams/visions into reality.
Lastly, for us to develop into leaders and attract success in our lives ; we must always improve ourselves, there are ways in which we can improve ourselves such as
- by giving or contributing values to others
- by improving the qualities of our values/ contribution at all times ( the key to is daily improvement of the quality of service or value
- by measuring the levels of quality / value
- innovating new and better strategies to get better result or give better values
- Keep on improving on a consistent level
Remember, whatever you do ; do it consistently!
To your Success,
PS: If you are looking to achieve success on a consistent basis, You can find out how here
Powered by Facebook Comments